Try our Free Online Math Solver!
Math 1050 - Exam 3 Review
3. At the movie theater, a bag of popcorn costs $5.00 and
a soda costs $3.00. If Darci buys
a total of 8 items and spends a total of $30.00 on just popcorn and soda, how many bags
of popcorn and how many sodas does she buy?
5. Find the equation of the parabola y = ax^2+bx+c that
passes through the points (−1, 2),
(1, 6) and (2, 17).
6. Find the partial fraction decomposition of the following.
7. Write the coefficient matrix and the augmented matrix of the following system.
8. Put the following matrix in row-echelon form and reduced row -echelon form.
9. Perform the matrix operations given
(a) A + B
(b) 4B − A
10. If A is a 3×6 matrix and B is a 6×2 matrix, what dimensions does the product AB have?
11. Solve the matrix equation for X, where
12. Find the inverse of the matrix if it exists. Check your results.
13. (a) Find the inverse of the matrix
(b) Use your answer from part (a) to solve the following system .
14. Evaluate the determinant of the matrix.
i. Use cofactor expansion
ii. Use the alternative method
15. Use Cramer’s Rule to solve the system of equations.
16. Find the area of the triangle with vertices (0,−2), (2, 0) and (−1, 1).
17. Use a determinant to find whether the following points are collinear: (−1, 3), (0, 5), (1, 7).
18. Decode the following by using the inverse of