Beginning Algebra Chapter 6 Factoring Worksheet
Complete the factoring.
Complete the factorization.
Factor the sum of cubes .
52) The product of two consecutive integers is 71 more than their sum. Find the integers.
53) The length of a rectangle is 6 inches more than its width. If 3 inches
are taken from the
length and added to the width , the figure becomes a square with an area of 121 square
inches. What are the dimensions of the original figure?
54) A rectangular garden is three times as long as it is wide. If the area of
the garden is 2352
ft2, find the length and width of the garden.
Solve the problem . Round to the nearest tenth, if necessary.
55) If an object is thrown upward with an initial velocity
of 48 ft/sec, its height after t sec is
given by h = 48t - 16t2. Find the number of seconds before the object hits the ground.
56) If an object is propelled upward from a height of 64
feet at an initial velocity of 96 feet per
second, then its height after t seconds is given by the equation h = -16t2 + 96t + 64, where h
is in feet. After how many seconds will the object reach a height of 208 feet?
Testname: CARSON GILLESPIE JORDAN CHAPTER 6 PRACTICE PROBLEMS NOV 15 2006